Our little Joey just turned 3 on June 1st. He woke up to presents and decorations that Kaylee and Jonny made. I always decorate up the dining or living room for when the kids wake up on their birthdays. This year Kaylee wanted to "get up in the middle of the night" and decorate. Since our Joey sleeps in, I told her she could decorate in the morning. He was pretty excited for his birthday because he loves birthday cake. Whenever anyone asked what he wanted for his birthday he would say that he wanted birthday cake. That was a pretty easy request! I made him a cake and set it on the stovetop to cool. I suppose I should have paid mor attention because it wasn't 2 minutes and he started digging right in. Needless to say we were able to salvage some of the cake, but had to head to the store for more cake. We got him a small spiderman cake which he loved. I was upset when I got to my car and saw that the cashier just put it in a bag with everything else and I didn't even notice. So our cake was a little mashed up. Our second cake mess of the day. The cupcakes we bought survived the day. Well, until they were eaten! He had fun with all his cakes.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Joey's 3!
Our little Joey just turned 3 on June 1st. He woke up to presents and decorations that Kaylee and Jonny made. I always decorate up the dining or living room for when the kids wake up on their birthdays. This year Kaylee wanted to "get up in the middle of the night" and decorate. Since our Joey sleeps in, I told her she could decorate in the morning. He was pretty excited for his birthday because he loves birthday cake. Whenever anyone asked what he wanted for his birthday he would say that he wanted birthday cake. That was a pretty easy request! I made him a cake and set it on the stovetop to cool. I suppose I should have paid mor attention because it wasn't 2 minutes and he started digging right in. Needless to say we were able to salvage some of the cake, but had to head to the store for more cake. We got him a small spiderman cake which he loved. I was upset when I got to my car and saw that the cashier just put it in a bag with everything else and I didn't even notice. So our cake was a little mashed up. Our second cake mess of the day. The cupcakes we bought survived the day. Well, until they were eaten! He had fun with all his cakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment